Recipe: Quick & Easy 3-“Cheese” Pizza
Enjoy a quick dinner for when you just don’t feel like making a huge effort. We’re lacking large amounts of protein here, so I don’t recommend this as a regular meal, but everyone loves pizza! Here’s how you make it deliciously vegan!
- Pre-made pizza crust. VERY IMPORTANT: many of the pre-made, oven-ready pizza crusts contain honey. Please read the ingredients label carefully to make sure you are getting one without honey. This eliminates all of the Boboli crusts. I recommend buying Rustic Crust Old World Pizza Crust, Tuscan Six Grain. It’s the only one of their crusts that is vegan, and it tastes great! It’s available at Market Basket in 12″ and in smaller, individual-sized 7″ crusts.
- Pizza Sauce. If you have your own, vegan pizza sauce recipe, please share!! I’d love to hear about it. I’ve been using Casa Visco Italian Style Pizza Sauce.
- Daiya Vegan “Cheese” in Cheddar, Pepperjack, and Mozzarella-style shreds. My trial period of began vegan has been aided SO much by the existence of this cheese substitute. The fact that it comes in different varieties is a life-saver! I just tried the mozzarella-style shreds for the first time on last night’s pizza (pictured above), and it really made the whole thing come together. Available at Whole Foods. Visit their website here.
- (Optional) Vegetables of Choice. Personally, I love adding peppers and onions to my pizzas. Any veggie topping goes, just as with any pizza.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the cheese and vegetables on as desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes
Did you try this recipe? Let me know how it came out!